Over the more than 100 years Rushing & Guice has been providing exceptional legal services and sound counsel along the Gulf Coast, we’ve seen our share of change. We’ve stood alongside businesses and neighbors through boom times and times of hardship; weathered hurricanes and enjoyed blue skies; comforted those facing tragedy and guided those planning for a bright future.
We’ve trimmed our sails and navigated a steady course through sea changes in the laws and regulations that impact our clients’ businesses, and rode the waves of technological innovation that have altered the economy and the practice of law. We keep ahead of the latest developments in the law and business and use leading-edge technology to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Throughout our history, our agility and adaptability to change has served our clients well. However, there are five things that we have steadfastly refused to change since they were established as the core principles of the firm over a century ago by attorneys Charles Rushing and Lee Guice:
- Legal Excellence. The legal acumen, skill, and sophistication of our attorneys is unmatched along the Gulf Coast. The firm holds the highest professional ratings as to our legal abilities, and we have earned a reputation among colleagues, adversaries, and judges as attorneys to be reckoned with, whether in the courtroom or at the negotiating table.
- Professionalism and Integrity. We firmly believe in a principle that is too often forgotten in the legal community: that being formidable, zealous and successful advocates for our clients does not mean abandoning professionalism, civility, or integrity. We adhere to the highest ethical standards and are as uncompromising in our commitment to maintain those standards as we are to achieving the best possible results for our clients. In fact, we believe they go hand-in-hand.
- Service and Respect. When you meet with us at our Ocean Springs offices, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that the attorney you meet with will be the attorney handling your case. We work closely with you to ensure that you are always informed, that all your questions are answered, and that the strategy we use in your case will get the best results in the most cost-effective manner possible. With free, limited initial consultations and a pledge to always be accessible and responsive, we provide our clients with convenience and the personal attention that is sometimes lacking at larger and more impersonal firms.
- Value and Results. At Rushing & Guice, we have a track record of successful results that extends back more than a century. We are focused on achieving optimal outcomes for each of our clients based on our knowledge of the law, tireless work ethic, and full understanding of our clients’ concerns and goals. But we realize that a successful result can be illusory if it is accompanied by exorbitant bills for legal fees. That is why we always keep an eye on our clients’ bottom lines as we formulate the best strategies and approaches in each case. Our smaller size keeps our costs lower without impacting the strength of our representation or ability to bring every resource to bear on behalf of our clients.
- Commitment to Community. Beyond the courthouse and conference room, Rushing & Guice regularly participates in community events and service projects. For our 100th anniversary in 2008, the firm conducted a special “100 Acts of Charity” community outreach program, donating at least 100 items to organizations on the Mississippi Gulf Coast each month. We continue to actively support local charities and other organizations serving our community. Rushing & Guice has been honored as one of the “Best Places to Work” in Mississippi, and our attorneys and staff are active members of area business, civic, and legal associations.
At Rushing & Guice, these timeless principles inform everything we do. We’re proud of our record of success and the reputation for integrity and approachability we’ve built throughout our history. We invite you to learn more about what we do by exploring our practice areas, and welcome the opportunity to meet with you.